Mon-Fri, noon-11:30pm; Sat-Sun, 4pm-11:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3 at 72nd St.; B, C at 72nd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Ordering
- Online Reservation
- Sake and Soju
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
55th St. to 80th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Amber brings some of the theatricality of big name downtown Asian eateries to the Upper West Side, while offering similarly bold takes on Japanese and Thai cuisines. The space is divided into three sections; there’s a swanky cocktail lounge and sushi bar area up front, and a straightforward dining room in back. Exposed brick walls are painted with jumping horses, and a massive statue of Buddha on a bubbling fountain anchors the main room. Culinary offerings also make a big impact. Spicy Thai green curry features huge shrimp in a complex sauce dotted with eggplant, asparagus, lily roots, and mushrooms. In the Japanese department, standouts include the special sushi rolls like the Angry Lobster, which melds tempura-battered pieces of buttery meat with cooked rice, lettuce, avocado, and cucumber. The accompanying spicy mayonnaise dip is spot on.
Amber baby ribs, $9.25; grilled sake-miso black cod, $13.50; spicy Thai green curry with jumbo shrimp, $21; Angry Lobster sushi roll, $20
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s