- READER REVIEWS
Amor y Amargo
Mon-Wed, 5pm-11pm (closed from 7pm-9pm for class); Thu, 5pm-midnight; Fri, 5pm-1am; Sat, 3pm-1am; Sun, 3pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Full Bar
For the latest addition to his Cienfuegos complex, Ravi DeRossi has partnered with the Brooklyn-based bitters company Bittermens
to create Amor y Amargo.
The drinkery is New York's first bar focused on bitters, and you
can expect bitters-laced cocktails, tasting flights (a little Fernet, anyone?), plus Mayur Subbarao's housemade sweet vermouth on draft. To complement all this: a special menu of Spanish-leaning bites from
chef Luiz Gonzalez, including tortilla espanola and fried garbanzos
with morcilla. There are now shelves of barware and bitters for sale, including
special Bittermens flavors not available elsewhere.
All cocktail class bookings can be made directly on the website, www.amoryamargo.com
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu