Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.; L at Third Ave.
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
With its chic SoCal decor and warm bohemian ambience, Angelica Kitchen deserves its reputation as one of downtown's best date spots for vegetarians. It's been around for years now, but the menu continues to be consistently creative, attracting not only vegetarians but health-conscious diners of all stripes. The famous walnut-lentil pâté is as flavorful and richly textured as any meat variety; and desserts, despite the absence of eggs and refined sugars, are necessary indulgences here (definitely order them topped with maple-tofu whipped cream). Entrees ranging from salads, sandwiches, and Angelica's signature "dragon bowls" to nightly specials that often incorporate Asian and Latin American influences feature fresh, unusual organic produce along with the standard protein bases of tempeh and tofu. You could easily eat here dozens of times without getting bored—as the line outside the door would suggest.BYOB
Wine only with $15 corkage fee.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu