Angelo and Maxie's Steakhouse
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
Angelo & Maxie’s web site opens with fittingly vulgar flash animation of a cow diving into a giant martini. No image better encapsulates the tradition of American steakhouse excess found at this Gramercy eatery. Typically oversized portions, like the 26 oz. blackened rib-eye steak, 38 oz. Porterhouse for two, and the $175 raw bar sampler, leave no room for false modesty. The food is up to par, but strays little from steakhouse conventions—accoutrements include the predictable wedge lettuce salad with bleu cheese dressing and the creamed spinach side. The stodgy décor is dominated by warm, if not slightly chintzy wood paneling and empty cigar boxes.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu