Sun-Thu, 6pm-10:30pm; Fri-Sat, 6pm-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Special Occasion
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Taking their inspiration from Antica Pesa in the Trastevere neighborhood of Rome, established in 1922, Italian-born brothers Francesco and Simone opened this contemporary Italian spot in Williamsburg. The former Planet Thai space has been rendered unrecognizable; it now features a stool-lined marble bar and modern lounge complete with a worn-leather couch and an enclosed fireplace. A front dining area hosts large group tables, while the back room is sleeker, with dark wood against white walls and oversized= dome lights. Shareable starters include the crudo e bufala, thin prosciutto di parma with filo-wrapped mozzarella, which is excellent with a drizzle of olive oil. The artfully plated pastas are small-portioned by American standards, but are bursting with flavor. Secondi plates twist classic protein and vegetable pairings. The wine menu, which is 100 percent Italian, is organized by region.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl