Antica Venezia Ristorante
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.; 1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Ordering
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Houston St. to 12th St., Sixth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
Situated across from Hudson River Park, Antica Venezia Ristorante’s relative remoteness suggests a tidy spot for a tryst. Furthering that idea are candlelit tables, sunset views, and working fireplaces in an exposed brick setting. As for the namesake ancient Venice, it’s represented in quaint oil paintings, more than on the menu which opts for an eclectic, if unsurprising, mix of regional dishes from Italy’s North and South. Beef carpaccio is nice for starters with shavings of nutty parmigiano reggiano complementing paper-thin slices of raw meat and peppery arugula. Of the dozen or so pastas, the risotto is clearly the winner, the al dente rice topped by a ragù of tender calamari rings and sliced shiitake mushrooms. Sautéed preparations of chicken, veal, fish and seafood dominate the entrées and incorporate white wine, garlic, lemon, and tomatoes. At the meal’s end, house-flavored digestifs like limoncello, sambuca, and grappa are ceremoniously ladled out into snifters gratis. That’s how Antica Venezia pours on the charm.Prix-Fixe Menu
For parties of ten or more, there are six different prix-fixe menus (from $50-$150 per person) with a choice of either sit down or buffet. Most come with three hours of open bar.Recommended Dishes
Carpaccio di manzo e rucola, $14.95; risotto ai funghi e calamari, $22.95
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More
- Designer Danielle Snyder Chases Dover Sole With Twizzlers
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’