Mon-Thu, noon-11pm; Fri, noon-midnight; Sat, 11am-midnight; Sun, 11am-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6, J, N, Q, R, Z to Canal St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Live Music
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
While it could use a more chic-sounding name, this antique-stuffed lounge is the most stylish and comfortable former auto-repair shop in the city. Despite having served A-listers like Sean Penn, Brooke Shields and Kevin Spacey since opening in late 2003, Antique Garage has somehow maintained a low profile, making it an eminently unpretentious neighborhood spot. A lineup of Mediterranean mezzes, like octopus marinated in a lemon vinaigrette and specials like a roasted shrimp casserole in a deliciously herby broth, are paired with a well-edited wine list. Live jazz acts (which perform every day except Friday and Saturday nights, as well as during weekend brunches) add to the romantic ambiance, as do the shimmering chandeliers, made-for-cuddling couches and gilded Victorian portraits. And of course, this being Soho, everything you see is for sale.Brunch
Sat.—Sun., 11 a.m.—5 p.m.
Sun.-Thu., 7 p.m.—10 p.m.; Sat.—Sun., 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu