Sun-Thu, 11am-11pm; Fri-Sat, 11am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
B, Q at Seventh Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
Eastern Pkwy. to Lafayette Ave., Franklin Ave. to Carlton Ave.
- Order Delivery with mypizza.com
Crunch Gym may be just a few doors down but that doesn’t deter hungry, sometimes sweaty patrons from seeking out reliable, starchy slices at this North Slope pizzeria. The foldable thin crust comes topped with an herb-flecked sauce and gooey, greasy cheese. And the menu isn’t just about pizza. There’s also the standard array of Italian comfort foods (calzones, heroes, pasta) and some please-all extras like French fries and Philly cheesesteaks. Family-owned since 1950, this no-frills joint at the top of the subway stairs offers little in the way of atmosphere: The fluorescent lighting, gray linoleum flooring, and mismatched plastic booths don’t make for much of a dine-in experience. Instead, get your slice to go then head up to Prospect Park to jog it off.Recommended Dishes
Grandma’s slice, $2.75
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu