- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.; N, R at 8th St.-NYU; L at Third Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
True to Dostoyevsky's spirit, Anyway Café's menu appreciates France almost as much as his homeland. Alongside pelmeni (Russia's answer to pierogi), stroganoff and entrées topped with caviar, are various crepes and sundry treats with crème fraiche. Black bread and homemade pâté notwithstanding, the star of the lineup is alcohol. Infused vodkas—including apricot, black currant, and litchi—can be ordered as shots or in carafes that come in big (16 oz.) or small (8 oz.) sizes.Recommended Dishes
Lamb shanks braised in rosemary and garlic sauce, $13; beef pelmeni in herb mushroom sauce, $10
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu