Nearby Subway Stops
R at Union St.; F, G, R at Fourth Ave.-9th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
This Italian bistro from the owners of the popular Sotto Voce down the street has a no frills formula that helps keeps prices down on its extensive menu of simple dishes. Appetizers highlight a small number of fresh ingredients with options like sautéed artichokes, baked eggs with tomato sauce, and a cutting board of cured meats shaved to order on the in-house slicer. Entrees follow suit; beet gnocchi with goat cheese, shallots and arugula, and a saltimbocca of two pork tenderloins folded over prosciutto and sage and simmered in lemon juice and white wine make the most of bold flavors. Simplicity reigns décor-wise as well; two exposed brick walls and another painted a pale apricot are bare. The granite topped bar spans the length of the room and large French windows open out onto the bustling sidewalk. One caveat: Tiramisu may seem to be the most instinctive dessert choice, but it’s as dry as day-old birthday cake. The fruit tarts topped with homemade whipped cream and fresh blueberries are a better option.Recommended Dishes
Caprese salad, $6.95; saltimbocca alla Romana, $12.95
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu