Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; 1, 2, 3 at 14th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Full Bar
Christopher St. to 16th St., Fifth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
Don’t let the name fool you. Neither the garish paintings of Technicolor taxicabs nor the Italian food qualify as art in the true sense. But for its faithful NYU clientele, ArtePasta gets the essentials right: it’s cheap; it’s got a party-hearty atmosphere, and the portions are huge. The signature lasagna is a towering pile of cheese and noodles in a platter-sized dish of chunky Bolognese sauce; rigatoni quattro formaggi is similarly doused in a soup of creamy gorgonzola, fontina, mozzarella, and provolone. Skip the oddly Tang-y all-you-drink mimosas on the weekend for the $4 giant martinis during happy hour and you’re infinitely more likely to get into a festive spirit emphasized by red Christmas lights strung in the window all year round. It may sound sacrilegious, but the best offering on the menu is a juicy cheeseburger, served on crispy foccacia and accompanied by shoestring fries.Recommended Dishes
Grilled cheeseburger, $11.75
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu