Arunee Thai Cuisine
Mon-Fri, 11am-10:30pm; Sat-Sun, noon-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
7 at 82nd St.-Jackson Heights; E, F, M, R at Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Ave.
- Good for Groups
- Beer and Wine Only
41st Ave. to 33rd Ave., 84th St. to 74th St.
The secret to great Thai food is the artful intermingling of flavors—hot, sour, salty, sweet. The secret to great tom kha gai—that restorative chicken-and-coconut-milk soup—is to cram it with flavor-enhancers like galangal and lemongrass, both of which are underrepresented in New York Thai restaurants. Not at this tin-ceilinged Jackson Heights standby, though, where the same attention to detail is applied to the refreshingly zesty salads and Thai classics like panang curry, tantalizingly redolent of basil and kaffir-lime leaf.Recommended Dishes
Deep-fried fish with chili sauce, seasonal price; panang curry, $8.95
- 12 Session Beers That Are Perfect for Summer Guzzling
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument