Arunee Thai Cuisine
Mon-Fri, 11am-10:30pm; Sat-Sun, noon-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
7 at 82nd St.-Jackson Heights; E, F, M, R at Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Ave.
- Good for Groups
- Beer and Wine Only
41st Ave. to 33rd Ave., 84th St. to 74th St.
The secret to great Thai food is the artful intermingling of flavors—hot, sour, salty, sweet. The secret to great tom kha gai—that restorative chicken-and-coconut-milk soup—is to cram it with flavor-enhancers like galangal and lemongrass, both of which are underrepresented in New York Thai restaurants. Not at this tin-ceilinged Jackson Heights standby, though, where the same attention to detail is applied to the refreshingly zesty salads and Thai classics like panang curry, tantalizingly redolent of basil and kaffir-lime leaf.Recommended Dishes
Deep-fried fish with chili sauce, seasonal price; panang curry, $8.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu