Arunee Thai Cuisine
Mon-Fri, 11am-10:30pm; Sat-Sun, noon-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
7 at 82nd St.-Jackson Heights; E, F, M, R at Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Ave.
- Good for Groups
- Beer and Wine Only
41st Ave. to 33rd Ave., 84th St. to 74th St.
The secret to great Thai food is the artful intermingling of flavors—hot, sour, salty, sweet. The secret to great tom kha gai—that restorative chicken-and-coconut-milk soup—is to cram it with flavor-enhancers like galangal and lemongrass, both of which are underrepresented in New York Thai restaurants. Not at this tin-ceilinged Jackson Heights standby, though, where the same attention to detail is applied to the refreshingly zesty salads and Thai classics like panang curry, tantalizingly redolent of basil and kaffir-lime leaf.Recommended Dishes
Deep-fried fish with chili sauce, seasonal price; panang curry, $8.95
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?