- READER REVIEWS
This venue is closed.
You sometimes hear that Astoria, or at least Greek Astoria, is played out, but somebody forgot to tell Athena, a big and ambitious restaurant which opened up there in March 2007. Owned by Christos Christou, former executive chef and partner at Ammos Estiatorio in Manhattan, the place features regional Greek cookery, with some Macedonian and Cypriot dishes added in for good measure. For the most part, that means lovingly prepared seafood imported directly from Greece. On Fridays and Saturdays, there's live Greek music and dancing, and come summer, plenty of outdoor seating. Greek Astoria: Still good times.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu