Mon-Thu, noon-3:45pm and 6pm-11pm; Fri, noon-3:45pm and 6pm-midnight; Sat, 11am-4pm and 6pm-midnight; Sun, 11am-4pm and 6pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at Canal St.; 1 at Canal St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
A glance at the menu reveals the grand ambition of Aurora Soho. Summer truffles indeed. A generous scattering of the lightly scented fungus paves a hill of pappardelle lushly bathed in butter and an emulsion of truffle ends. We’d suffer less without music in this din. The rustic narrow space with its bare brick walls and country tools hanging is fiercely noisy, and the kitchen creeps tonight. But our gourmand quartet is soothed by chef Riccardo Buitoni’s finesse. It’s not just mozzarella here, it’s buffalo mozzarella. And waxy spring beans add crunch to savory grilled octopus in a chili vinaigrette. Thin slices of moist veal atop a tuna-mayonnaise sauce is a sultry summer favorite of mine. I love the salty accent of tiny deep-fried capers and also the house-baked bread. Choose a pasta—splendid pesto-tossed penne with roasted eggplant and grape tomatoes or pappardelle with braised veal cheeks and tiny asparagus cuts—and you can eat well on a moderate budget here, but the check climbs with yet another quartino of red, an extra starter you can’t resist, the crusty lamb chops alongside a homemade lamb and mint sausage or the rib eye.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’