- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
R at 86th St.; R at Bay Ridge-95th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Notable Wine List
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
With a wraparound bar of orange Formica, mirrored walls, and a flat-screen television looping an undersea scene of tropical fish, Austin's Steakhouse emulates a certain kind of "sleek and modern" that once typified a trendy Manhattan bistro. But this Bay Ridge favorite balances any stylistic aspirations with a familial vibe bolstered by couples celebrating anniversaries while the waiters belt out "Happy Birthday" or the band swings through another rendition of Mack the Knife. The food is equally unpretentious: The thick, tender USDA prime cut steaks are prepared without distracting sauces or marinades—just salt, pepper, butter, and parsley. Juicy pork chops are similarly well-complemented by soft, tangy onions and peppers. (The sweet potatoes are so creamy they could be dessert.)Recommended Dishes
Smoked salmon appetizer, $12.95; petite filet, $26.95; pork chops, $23.95; mashed sweet potatoes, $6.25
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu