Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 103rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Family Style
- Online Ordering
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
100th St. to 116th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
- Order Delivery with delivery.com
It used to be that you'd have to go to Washington, D.C. for good Ethiopian cuisine, but this small and busy eatery near Columbia offers food every bit as delicious and filling as that found in Adams-Morgan. Scoop up the combo meat stews (lamb, chicken) or vegetarian options (carrots, green beans) with injera, the bubbly sourdough-like bread that soaks up juices and serves as silverware. This restaurant's specialty is kitfo, which is Ethiopian-style raw beef; Awash also makes delicious doro wot, the popular spicy chicken and hard-boiled egg stew.Recommended Dishes
Doro wot, $17; kitfo, $18; vegetarian combo, $18
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu