Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Hot Spot
- Notable Chef
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
You can’t toss a parsnip these days without hitting a local and seasonally minded menu. But if anyone deserves credit for championing the Slow Food movement early on, it’s Peter Hoffman, the Alice Waters of Soho, who’s been running the restaurant Savoy since 1990, and who can be seen on Greenmarket days tooling around on a converted wheelbarrow-bicycle of sorts loaded down with luscious local produce. He brings his sustainably minded style to Avenue B, where he and his chef de cuisine, Shanna Pacifico, prepare family-friendly fare like Catskills trout, a grass-fed burger, and apple-cider doughnuts. More casual than Savoy, it’s the sort of spot you’d drop into for a seasonal cocktail or a glass of North Fork wine at the recycled-pine bar.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu