Mon-Fri, 6am-8pm; Sat, 6am-6pm; Sun, 7am-5pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3 at 14th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
6th St. to 18th St., Third Ave. to Ninth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Buried beneath a menu whose pages are posted all over the place is a charming breakfast nook with Tudor walls, Tiffany-esque lampshades, and two narrow rows of butcher-block tables. But you’d almost miss it with all the printed specials taped on the windows, mirrors, chalkboards, and glass refrigerator doors not to mention hanging from the backlit menu over the grill and cash register. Sure, Bagel Buffet sells its namesake starch, but it’s more committed to being comprehensive with its menu than being quaint in its milieu. With that in mind, you’ll find Boar’s Head sandwiches, standard salads, hot platters, tortas, wraps, beef patties, panini, pastries, even a stand-alone fridge for ice cream. Not quite a diner, this is the little eatery that could, would, but didn’t need to try so hard.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu