- READER REVIEWS
Fri-Sat, 5pm-11:30pm; two hours prior to any Opera House performance
Nearby Subway Stops
D, N, R at Atlantic Ave.-Barclays Center; 2, 3, 4, 5, B, Q at Atlantic Ave.-Barclays Center; C at Lafayette Ave.; G at Fulton St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Live Music
- Full Bar
BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) Café is nothing if not cavernous. The room stretches out like a runway, with an arched ceiling covered in tiny lights that make the dining experience cinematic at best, or a bit like eating in a lovely airport, at worst. The food is classic American nouveau, and though not outstanding, they are tasty and filling. But with so many other chic bistros in the area Thomas Beisl, Scopello), why head here? After 9 p.m., they also have live music on Fridays and Saturdays and while the place is an acoustical paradise, don’t expect to hear your dinner companion once the band starts playing.Live Music
BAM Café Live is a weekly musical event featuring both established and up-and-coming jazz, R&B, world beat, pop or experimental artists. Every Friday and Saturday night, the café opens at 5 p.m. for dinner and the kitchen closes at 8:30 p.m. but lighter fare is available at the bar until closing. Performances usually start at 9 p.m. and run until around 11:30 pm.
Reservations are not accepted for BAM Café Live events.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s