Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
Canal St. to 14th St., First Ave. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
With its papaya- and mango-colored walls, jauntily hung sombreros, and gleaming tile floors, this corner Mexican place is conspicuously cheerful. Tourists and NYU students occupy the plain Formica tables, happy with their pitchers of margaritas, bowls of tortilla chips, and giant baskets of steaming tacos. And why not? While “spicy” picadillo and pork tinga (ground beef and shredded pork) come with puddles of black beans and ketchupy salsa, plainer dishes like pico de gallo quesadillas and white-meat chicken enchiladas are decent enough. Both of the latter are made with hot, fresh-pressed tortillas and tasty Manchego cheese. After a long slog through
White meat chicken enchilada, $10.50
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu