Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.
- Late-Night Dining
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
After nickel-and-diming its way into the edible American landscape, the automat’s place is secure in the retro-kitsch pantheon. Today, on an improbable strip of St. Marks Place that’s long been a haven for hookahs, hippies, and halal, co-owners David Leong and Nobu Nguyen and consulting chef Kevin Reilly (of the Water Club) have resurrected the mid-century concept with Bamn!, a stainless-steel, coin-operated meal machine for pork buns, teriyaki burgers, and Chinese doughnuts as well as burgers, pretzels, and corn dogs. It’s certainly high-concept: cheap fast food with a novel twist. But despite bargain-basement prices, the coins-only setup seems anachronistic in a world where even the greenback (never mind the silver) takes second place to your ATM card.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu