Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.; F at Second Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Hot Spot
- Late-Night Dining
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Don't let the gangly young models and their scruffy escorts deter you. Even these diet-dazed divas can't resist what emerges from chef Michael Huynh's Vietnamese kitchen: Exceedingly fresh, Hulk-size summer rolls. Plump chicken wings that come with a Scotch-bonnet dipping sauce that elicits a warning from the waiter. And grilled short ribs skewered onto lemongrass stalks—a highbrow steak-on-a-stick that may make you wonder whether Jean-Georges has a moonlighting gig. Fusiony entrées creep past the $20 barrier, but the noodle and "traditional style" portions of the menu fall well beneath the mark (try the sputtering ironpot chicken). And save room for sublime desserts like black-sticky-rice pudding, just like the models do.
Summer rolls, $7; grilled short ribs on lemongrass skewers, $12; steamed black rice pudding, $6
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu