Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at 23rd St.
- Notable Chef
This venue is closed.
The latest from peripatetic husband-and-wife restaurateurs Thao Nguyen and Michael Bao (Bu’n, Bao Noodles) takes the increasingly popular bánh mì where no bánh mì has ever gone before: into the world of the delicatessen and a space previously occupied by a Blimpie’s. To wit, the intriguingly wacky-sounding Spicy Red Curry Corned Beef sandwich with caramelized onions and pickled jalapeños served on a baguette—or “baogette,” if you prefer. The rest of the Vietnamese sandwiches (pork, catfish, and barbecued chicken) are more traditional, and to round out the menu, there are Vietnamese salads, rolls, and a few noodle dishes. Seating is limited to a ten-stool counter.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu