Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at 23rd St.
- Notable Chef
This venue is closed.
The latest from peripatetic husband-and-wife restaurateurs Thao Nguyen and Michael Bao (Bu’n, Bao Noodles) takes the increasingly popular bánh mì where no bánh mì has ever gone before: into the world of the delicatessen and a space previously occupied by a Blimpie’s. To wit, the intriguingly wacky-sounding Spicy Red Curry Corned Beef sandwich with caramelized onions and pickled jalapeños served on a baguette—or “baogette,” if you prefer. The rest of the Vietnamese sandwiches (pork, catfish, and barbecued chicken) are more traditional, and to round out the menu, there are Vietnamese salads, rolls, and a few noodle dishes. Seating is limited to a ten-stool counter.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s