Bar Blanc Bistro
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Hot Spot
- Notable Chef
- Notable Wine List
- Beer and Wine Only
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
Bar Blanc joins the cut-rate-restaurant brigade by rechristening itself as Bar Blanc Bistro with a bargain bar menu by chef Sebastiaan Zijp, earth tones to temper the sleek white space, and microbrews on tap. (Remember when the word “bar” meant casual food and beer?) From the PR machine: "The new bar menu features a variety of small plates, all $10 and under, as well as a daily sandwich and the Bar Blanc Burger." That's plenty of buzzwords, but you can judge the new bar and bistro menus (and the burger's "Bone Marrow Bordelaise Mayo") here for yourself.Note
The wine list isn’t extensive, but it’s interesting and well priced.Ideal Meal
Slow-roasted rabbit-and-sweetbread salad, chicken or braised-lamb-shoulder lasagne, bittersweet-chocolate cake.
New York Magazine Reviews
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s