Bar Blanc Bistro
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Hot Spot
- Notable Chef
- Notable Wine List
- Beer and Wine Only
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
Bar Blanc joins the cut-rate-restaurant brigade by rechristening itself as Bar Blanc Bistro with a bargain bar menu by chef Sebastiaan Zijp, earth tones to temper the sleek white space, and microbrews on tap. (Remember when the word “bar” meant casual food and beer?) From the PR machine: "The new bar menu features a variety of small plates, all $10 and under, as well as a daily sandwich and the Bar Blanc Burger." That's plenty of buzzwords, but you can judge the new bar and bistro menus (and the burger's "Bone Marrow Bordelaise Mayo") here for yourself.Note
The wine list isn’t extensive, but it’s interesting and well priced.Ideal Meal
Slow-roasted rabbit-and-sweetbread salad, chicken or braised-lamb-shoulder lasagne, bittersweet-chocolate cake.
New York Magazine Reviews
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu