- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Every so often, an establishment lands in a certain neighborhood like a flying saucer — and what Kurve was to the East Village, the tapas bar Bar Celona undoubtedly is to Williamsburg’s South Side. The owner, Cynthia Diaz, worked with her mother (a designer) to turn the former glue factory into something vaguely akin to the former meatpacking restaurant, APT, which was known for its narrow, apartment-like setup. What really shines here are the drinks by Tad Carducci and Paul Tanguay of the Tippling Bros., who also put together the list at Mercadito Cantina. One that is interesting, if you don’t mind a bitter take on the old fashioned: a version of the drink made with grapefruit and non-aged whiskey (if you haven’t tried whiskey before it has been aged in the barrel, it’s as clear as white tequila and tastes vaguely like oyster).
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu