Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 23rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Hot Spot
- Late-Night Dining
- Notable Chef
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
Jason Denton (of ’ino, Lupa, and ’inoteca) and his brother and ’inoteca partner Joe amp up their culinary ambitions at Bar Milano, their marble-walled, suavely upholstered foray into Northern Italian fine dining. A few telltale signs they’ve left the rustic enoteca world behind them: A proprietary line of glassware designed and blown in Poland, all the better for serving mixologist-partner Tony Abou-Ganim’s $13 cocktails; a designated pastry chef who’s not only baking the contents of the bread basket but making his own bread crumbs—plus elevated riffs on classic sweets like sesame cookies and Neapolitan ice cream; and a pair of co-chef-partners, Steve Connaughton (Lupa) and Eric Kleinman (’inoteca), who’ve collaborated on refined fare like tonno vitello (pictured), an artful composition of grilled tuna, veal sweetbreads, and cannellini beans.
New York Magazine Reviews
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s