Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.; 6 at Astor Pl.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Late-Night Dining
- Notable Wine List
- Reservations Not Required
- Sake and Soju
- Full Bar
If you're going to have kerosene sprayed on you by a raving lunatic waving a gun and screaming about the evils committed by white people, then this narrow, beige, high-tech-Italian bar's Second Avenue location, with its platters for two and excellent wines, is the place to be. Just make sure to have some brave blondes around to tackle the hostage-taker, the way the bar's patron saints, Anne Margaret and Annie, did that fateful night in June 2002. This being New York, the stylish spot for after-work or pre-movie drinks hasn't gotten any less popular since it became a crime scene.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu