Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 23rd St.; 1 at 18th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Late-Night Dining
- Notable Wine List
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
An early proponent of the tiny Italian sandwich, the original Bar Veloce squeezes considerable style and substance into a small area with well-crafted panini and tramezzini washed down with easy-drinking wines that mostly sell for less than $10 a glass. But the Chelsea outpost has something its long, skinny East Village sibling lacks: space. And should one inexplicably tire of drinking Italian wine, there's now a choice of grappas, amaros, and even sake—a perfect match for the anchovy-and-mozzarella house bruschetta.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More