Bark Hot Dogs
Nearby Subway Stops
2, 3 at Bergen St.; 2, 3, 4, 5, B, Q at Atlantic Ave.-Barclays Center
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Notable Chef
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
15th St. to Atlantic Ave, Underhill Ave. to Fourth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
One way Joshua Sharkey, chef-owner of Bark Hot Dogs, distinguishes his enterprise from, say, Gray’s Papaya is by the method he uses to finish the pork-and-beef wieners. Rather than just turning them over casually on the griddle, they’re basted like a Peter Luger porterhouse with—get this—housemade smoked lard butter. Another example: making pickles, relishes, and sauces in-house, and meticulously sourcing the rest from top-notch purveyors, like sauerkraut from upstate’s Hawthorne Valley Farm. The franks (including an all-beef version) are churned out upstate by a venerable Austrian sausage maker (Hartmann’s Old World Sausage), the beans are of the heirloom variety (from Jacob’s Cattle Bean in VT), and the bacon from Nueske’s. Because you can’t eat hot dogs—lard-butter-basted or not—for every single meal, there are also seasonal salads, burgers, and chicken wings on the menu.
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu