Mon-Sat, 11:30am-10pm; Sun, 11:30am-4pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at South Ferry; 4, 5 at Bowling Green; R at Whitehall St.-South Ferry
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Physically, this is an outward-looking restaurant. Good sightlines abound thanks to two patios with metal-mesh tables stepping down towards the water, and the milky-white dining room’s expansive floor-to-ceiling window. Framed on one side by the Staten Island ferry terminal and the Cruise Line dock on the other, Battery Gardens delivers an uninterrupted view of boats in action and photo-ready shots of the Statue of Liberty and Governors Island. The menu tries to look outward as well by giving American dishes smart sauces and garnishes. But each dish has its drawbacks as well. Vegetables look pretty but are dry, unseasoned, or questionably fresh. The little disappointments add up: flat soda, acrid espresso, bland rolls. But at least the cheesecake, a creamy, nearly crustless cylinder topped with a blueberry compote, ends any meal on an up note.Brunch
Sun., 11:30 a.m.—3 p.m.
The Harbor View Room offers the most remarkable views of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island in the city. Wraparound floor-to-ceiling windows are sure to impress you and your guests. The ethereal surroundings and simple, unfussy dining room evoke a sense of subdued elegance. They also provide separate menus and pricing for children as well as an option for kosher catering.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages