- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
2, 3 at 125th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Singles Scene
- Full Bar
115th St. to 135th St., First Ave. to Adam Clayton Powell Blvd.
This venue is closed.
Bayou offers a taste of New Orleans via Harlem, with food that's carefully, faithfully (and, occasionally, inventively) prepared, from fragrant, dense gumbo to plump oysters fried in cornmeal and served with spinach and brie. Entrées include delicately fried catfish and perfectly sautéed red snapper with pecans. Oh, and the desserts: a sweet-tart frozen lemon pie, rich pecan brownie, and bourbon-spiked bread pudding are three we had fun with.Recommended Dishes
Cornmeal-fried oysters, $10.95; shrimp-and-okra gumbo, $4.95/$5.95; fried catfish, $15.95; steak au poivre, $20.95; crawfish etouffée, $15.95; frozen lemon pie, $5.50; bread pudding, $5.50
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Café Gratitude Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy
- Where to Eat and Drink Outdoors Now That It's Finally Warming Up