The Bean Coffee and Tea
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.; 6 at Bleecker St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Smoking Area
- Teen Appeal
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
The Bean markets a better grade of java from Dallis Bros., the venerable Ozone Park roaster that also supplies Babbo and Aquavit. Its two spiffy coffee shops spaced a few blocks apart house a dizzying selection of 23 estate-grown blends (including a super-dark roast called Burnt Ember, catering to fans of that West Coast monolith, no doubt) that are fastidiously ground and French-pressed to order. Wisely resisting the urge to put all its beans in one filter basket, The Bean also serves 23 different loose-leaf teas.
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, Günter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint