- READER REVIEWS
The Bean Coffee and Tea
This venue is closed.
The Bean markets a better grade of java from Dallis Bros., the venerable Ozone Park roaster that also supplies Babbo and Aquavit. Its two spiffy coffee shops spaced a few blocks apart house a dizzying selection of 23 estate-grown blends (including a super-dark roast called Burnt Ember, catering to fans of that West Coast monolith, no doubt) that are fastidiously ground and French-pressed to order. Wisely resisting the urge to put all its beans in one filter basket, The Bean also serves 23 different loose-leaf teas, gelato, hefty panini and wrap sandwiches.Note
The Bean gives discounts to students and senior citizens.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu