- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
N, Q at 30th Ave.
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Reservations Not Required
- Sake and Soju
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Bear is located a few blocks from Long Island City's Socrates Sculpture Park. The dining room is studded with Swarovski crystal chandeliers set into the walls, with Venetian-tiled floors, and a full-service granite-topped mosaic bar. On the "New European" menu, consider the house appetizer, "3-Shot Vodka," a seasonally rotating trio of small bites served with a mini-carafe of vodka intended to jump-start the meal and whet the palate. Another house dish features Long Island duck slow-roasted with a whole Granny Smith apple, served with sunflower-oil-seared potatoes (and it must be pre-ordered). Cocktails, wines, and several European beers (including some from Russia and Ukraine) make up the drinks selection.
Executive chef Natasha Pogrebinsky comes most recently from the Castello Plan in Brooklyn, but has studied in a few of New York's top kitchens, including at Park Avenue Seasons and as an apprentice to Salumeria Rosi's Cesare Casella.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s