Ben Benson's Steak House
Nearby Subway Stops
B, D, F, M at 47th-50th Sts.-Rockefeller Center; E, M at Fifth Ave.-53rd St.; B, D, E at Seventh Ave.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Business Lunch
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
42nd St. to 57th St., Fifth Ave. to Eighth Ave.
This venue is closed.
This rollicking steakhouse has long fed hordes of hungry, beef-eating businessmen and the people who love them. At a time when steakhouses were famous for rudeness and hauteur, Benson’s made a point of homeyness. No one’s stopping you from checking out the daily seafood and lunch specials, but keep in mind you’re in an old-school dining room devoted almost entirely to the assiduous consumption of prime aged beef.Recommended Dishes
T-bone steak, $49.50; sirloin steak, $49.50; three- to thirteen-pound Maine lobster, market price
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu