This venue is closed.
Serving the best cheap, standard Indian food you'll find north of Curry Hill, Bengal Café offers all the traditional favorites. The Chicken Tikka Masala is cut into tiny, tender chucks and drowned in the creamy, red sauce while the Vegetable Vindaloo is particularly piquant, and well complemented by a sweet mango shake. The assorted appetizer plate is your best bet if you like to nosh: Nibble on a samosa (meat or vegetarian), two sugary banana fritters, two bhujia (delicious vegetable fritters) and papadam.Recommended Dishes
Chicken tikka masala, $10.50; vegetable vindaloo, $6.95; assorted appetizer plate, $4.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu