- READER REVIEWS
Benny's Burritos (West)
Sun-Thu, 11:30am-11pm; Fri-Sat, 11am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3 at 14th St.; A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Full Bar
Houston St. to 28th St., Broadway to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Long before "chipotle" meant anything more than a pepper, Benny's Burritos was in the CaliMex vanguard, introducing New Yorkers to that now-ubiquitous combo of overstuffed wraps and healthier cooking techniques. Soon a second branch opened in the East Village, but then disharmony split the partners, and each claimed one location—the east side maintained the now-classic menu and opened new spots under the Harry's banner, while the west tinkered with the mix and built the mini-chain Blockheads. Greenwich Avenue does offer some advantages: free chips are served with a zippy salsa, and it's saner—West Village mellow rather than East Village manic. But once your food arrives, you'll wish you'd gone east. The guacamole is filled with big chunks of buttery avocado, but it lacks flavor and heat—a downfall of many dishes here.
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama
- The Future of Vegan Food Could Include Artificial Oysters and Veggie-Based Blue Cheese
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month