- READER REVIEWS
This venue is closed.
Bento Burger is a dystopian-futuristic Asian roadhouse that’s replacing Marfa (and before that, Waikiki Wally’s) in the space adjoining Lucky Cheng’s. There is an Internet jukebox blasting J-pop, anime scenes playing on flat-screens, and images from Blade Runner projected onto the floors. The burgers are not served on radiation-detecting plates (that’d be taking it a little far), but rather in bento boxes. As for the cocktails, they’re in the $7 to $9 range and focus mainly on lemonade spiked with infused liquors like lemongrass vodka. With a THX 1138–themed private dining room coming soon, it doesn’t sound far from the kind of quirky little place you’d find in Tokyo—except it’d be on the sixth floor, sandwiched between the “maid café” and the “cat café.”
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu