Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at 23rd St.; 6 at 23rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Notable Wine List
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Tea Time
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Cesare Casella created the Tuscan dishes at this Gramercy trattoria, where you'll also find an instant coziness, a pride of rustic Tuscan products stashed behind glass at the entrance, and the warmth of a giant open fireplace. The chef has moved on, but the recipes are the same. Cozze are plump and sweet in a fiery broth; chewy handmade pinci noodles in walnut-tomato sauce are a triumph. We love braised black cabbage in toasted Tuscan bread, savory braised spare ribs, and desserts like sensational lemon “pudding” with candied orange peel.
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu