Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at 23rd St.; 6 at 23rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Notable Wine List
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Tea Time
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Cesare Casella created the Tuscan dishes at this Gramercy trattoria, where you'll also find an instant coziness, a pride of rustic Tuscan products stashed behind glass at the entrance, and the warmth of a giant open fireplace. The chef has moved on, but the recipes are the same. Cozze are plump and sweet in a fiery broth; chewy handmade pinci noodles in walnut-tomato sauce are a triumph. We love braised black cabbage in toasted Tuscan bread, savory braised spare ribs, and desserts like sensational lemon “pudding” with candied orange peel.
Best of New York Awards
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s