Big Nick's Burger and Pizza Joint
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 79th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
60th St. to 96th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
The interior of Big Nick's resembles the inside of a 1960s RV: cramped, wood-paneled and smelling of grease. And the 28-page menu looks like what you'd find if you pulled that RV into a highway pit stop in Middle America. You can get just about any kind of diner food imaginable, from omelets to Greek salads to tuna melts, plus some larger plates like lasagna or grilled salmon. The serviceable food is a bit better than you'd expect from a roadside dive, and in keeping with Big Nick's full title, the burgers and the pizza are the highlights. The burgers are juicy and served on a thick Kaiser roll, and the thin-crusted, enormous pizza slices beat those at many pizzerias. If you don't feel like chowing down in either of Big Nick's two narrow rooms, order in (24 hours a day) or take a seat at the wood and metal tables outside and pretend that Broadway is Route 66.
The Big Nick Burger with fries, $12
- Daughters of Brooklyn’s Pot-Growing Cherry Mogul Are Suing Police for His Suicide
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam