Big Nick's Burger and Pizza Joint
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 79th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
60th St. to 96th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
The interior of Big Nick's resembles the inside of a 1960s RV: cramped, wood-paneled and smelling of grease. And the 28-page menu looks like what you'd find if you pulled that RV into a highway pit stop in Middle America. You can get just about any kind of diner food imaginable, from omelets to Greek salads to tuna melts, plus some larger plates like lasagna or grilled salmon. The serviceable food is a bit better than you'd expect from a roadside dive, and in keeping with Big Nick's full title, the burgers and the pizza are the highlights. The burgers are juicy and served on a thick Kaiser roll, and the thin-crusted, enormous pizza slices beat those at many pizzerias. If you don't feel like chowing down in either of Big Nick's two narrow rooms, order in (24 hours a day) or take a seat at the wood and metal tables outside and pretend that Broadway is Route 66.
The Big Nick Burger with fries, $12
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More