Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 59th St.; N, Q, R at Fifth Ave.-59th St.; N, Q, R at Lexington Ave.-59th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Business Lunch
- Full Bar
55th St. to 65th St., Third Ave. to Fifth Ave.
This venue is closed.
The menu’s tried-and-true staples like steak tartare, trout amandine, and duck magret have been known to incite loyal fans but this French bistro formerly known as Le Taxi — a chic spot in the early nineties — could benefit from a little tune-up of late. The dining room, with its butcher-paper-covered tables, red vinyl booths, and walls hung with vintage French posters now relates a careworn if stylish imprint; and while the grilled filet mignon bordelaise is tender and the scallops St. Jacques are pleasingly pan-seared, the side dishes (like the asparagus spears flooded in hollandaise) can prove subpar as oft as not.Recommended Dishes
Filet Mignon de Beauf Grille Bordelaisem, $27
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu