- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 59th St.; E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Business Lunch
- Full Bar
E. 51st St. to E. 61st St., FDR Dr. to Madison Ave.
This venue is closed.
This midtown bistro does brisk business with neighborhood regulars and office workers hungry for French staples (think frog legs and escargot). The décor sticks to cafe standards as well, with winding metal staircases, crimson velvet curtains, and lit mirrored walls. Duck-filled Vietnamese spring rolls jazzed with mango dip depart from the regional fare, however the menu also features a traditionally crispy duck prepared with a sweet burgundy and pear port sauce. Bistro Desaret is part steakhouse too; all standard beef cuts are available, and a humble char-grilled sirloin enhanced by shallot mustard certainly beats the Outback Steakhouse across the street.Recommended Dishes
Twice roasted half of duck with poached pear in a port reduction, $21.95; sirloin steak, $21.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu