- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
B, Q at Seventh Ave.; 2, 3 at Grand Army Plaza; M, R at Union St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Full Bar
19th St. to Atlantic Ave., Prospect Park West to Fourth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Admittedly, the lounge-like décor and the electro-groove soundtrack are a bit discordant for a block housing the Park Slope Food Co-Op, Dixon Bicycles, and a yoga studio. So be it. With a menu featuring seafood, brick oven pizza, elaborate foccacias, meats, pastas and a raw bar, Black Pearl is all about diversifying. Sometimes the approach misfires as with a four-seasons pizza that confines each ingredient to a different quadrant but most of the time the kitchen manages to pull of its ambitious juggling act with dishes like grilled salmon over parsley and mint couscous, sausage broccoli rabe focaccia, and a pesto-anchovy pizza. Seating options are likewise plentiful at the former firehouse with main-floor tables, mezzanine booths, and an L-shaped mahogany bar which serves up some decidedly potent cocktails.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu