- READER REVIEWS
Blu Restaurant and Bar
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 28th St.; N, R at 28th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Business Lunch
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Tucked away in Chelsea’s Hotel Indigo and adorned with ornate chandeliers, white tablecloths, and framed photography mounted high on its walls, Blu seems like an obvious choice for postwork drinks or dinner. And for drinks—and even appetizers—it’s a perfectly acceptable, quasi-swanky spot, serving up wines by the glass and all sorts of sugary—if not necessarily innovatively named—cocktails (Mochatini or Cosmopolita, anyone?). Small plates include coconut shrimp topped with an avocado and mango salsa and a couple versions of sliders. Entrees run the usual gamut with dishes like New York strip steak with spinach and potatoes and branzino grilled on a cedar plank.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu