Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Notable Chef
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Special Occasion
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This may be the best low-profile restaurant in town. Dan Barber is a master of the gentle arts of poaching and braising, and much of his best material—pasture-raised turkeys, non-stressed Berkshire hogs—comes from the biodynamic farm and restaurant he and his brother run at an old Rockefeller complex upstate called Stone Barns. Although not as extreme or innovative as Craft, Blue Hill is the city’s other seminal Greenmarket haven, so expect a certain amount of hushed reverence here, a certain amount of ecstatic whispering about the quality of the summer peas.Tasting Menus
A la carte no longer available. Four courses, $85; Farmer's Feast (six courses), $98. Menu changes daily.
Private Lunch Hours
Daily, noon–3 p.m.; can seat up to 50 guests.
New York Magazine Reviews
Best of New York Awards
Recipes at Blue Hill
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu