Blue Ribbon Bakery
Mon-Fri, noon-3pm and 5pm-midnight; Sat, 11:30am-midnight; Sun, 11:30am-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Houston St.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Hot Spot
- Late-Night Dining
- Notable Wine List
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
You're probably going to walk by it the first time. Because from all you've already heard, this couldn't be the place-it looks like one more brick-walled Village joint with first-come-first-served seating (reservations are available for parties of five or more) and a brunch menu. But there's that quixotically intriguing all-over-the-place menu. And naturally, you're soon in danger of ordering nothing and spending the evening tearing into the insidiously addictive breads and a bottle of wine. Put the butter knife down! You don't want to miss the yummy steak tartare, perfectly smoked sable, a butcher's plate to shame most Italian antipasti, a super rack of lamb splashed with tomato sauce, a funkily stringy barbecued-pork sandwich and coleslaw, and a BLT that really is a meal. And can you pass up a place that can still make a root-beer float? If you can, keep walking, and let someone who truly understands fine dining sit down.Brunch
Sat.–Sun., 11:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
Reservations are only accepted for parties of five or more during brunch.
Steak tartare, $16.50; serrano ham on baguette, $14.75; BLT, $13.50; Blue Ribbon fried chicken, $25.95; root beer float, $8.75
Best of New York Awards
- Fairway Market Officially Files for Bankruptcy
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online