Bluebird Coffee Shop
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Outdoor Dining
- Tea Time
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
It’s no surprise to find this tiny coffee shop filled to capacity at all hours. Not only does the central 1st and 1st location attract brunch run-off from its popular neighbor Prune, but Bluebird's owners (Alexander Hall and Sabrina Godfrey, also of Milkbar) create a homey, friendly atmosphere. The copper-topped tables are crowded with young locals and their friends; the brick walls are painted white, and sunlight pours in through the windowed façade. The brew is from Counter Culture, the breakfast sandwich is served on a homemade cheddar-and-chive biscuit, and fresh desserts are baked on the premises, including an admirably gooey chocolate chip cookie.Note
$10 credit card minimum.Recommended Dishes
Chocolate chip cookie, $1.50
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu