Sun-Thu, noon-10:30pm; Fri-Sat, noon-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Carroll St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
4th Pl. to Atlantic Ave., Bond St. to Henry St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
You may not dream about this Indian eatery on bustling Smith Street, but its tasty curries and vegetarian selections make it a good option for the neighborhood. Inside the narrow, L-shaped space—decorated with little more than crystal chandeliers and a few colorful drawings on the exposed-brick walls—you’ll find just a handful of tables for two and four, lending the restaurant an intimate, date-friendly atmosphere. Most meals are meant for sharing, especially the aromatic combination platters. Non-carnivores will also find plenty to like, including plump, potato-packed samosas and toothsome vegetable korma. And though the heat level of most dishes won’t justify an ice-cold beer, there’s no reason not to indulge in an Indian Kingfisher lager.Recommended Dishes
Vegetable korma, $10.50
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More