Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
- Good for Groups
- Live Music
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
The only bona fides at this standby Italian joint are to be found in the relatively cheap prices. Still, diners seem to appreciate the homey atmosphere: The bartender is also your waiter and a simple bruschetta arrives gratis for every diner. Factor in the outdoor patio, with its potted plants and low lighting, and the place might even possess a certain charm—if you give yourself over to the faux-Southern-Italian-villa décor. An appetizer of sautéed Portobello mushrooms is palatable, thanks to a heavy dose of garlic, but most of the pasta and meat dishes disappoint. That may explain why, during peak dinner hours, the only diners seem to be those lining their stomachs before hitting the bars down the street.Recommended Dishes
Portobello mushrooms, $7.95; spaghetti carbonara, $11.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu