Bon Korean Chicken
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3 at Chambers St.; A, C at Chambers St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
South St. to Grand St., Bowery to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
Strange but true, bonbon chicken is vaguely reminiscent of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: The kitchen is hidden from view, and your made-to-order bird emerges—perfectly packaged in an orange-and-white gift bag—from a tiny metal door. Diners who enter the dark-wood-accented space order from a wall-sized, back-lit menu listing just two varieties of Korean-inspired, transfat-free, twice-fried chicken: soy-garlic and spicy. All ingredients are fresh, and each order (which comes with a Challah-type bun and some mild coleslaw) takes about fifteen minutes. Since the shop has just four red-topped tables, you’ll have to ponder what exactly goes on behind that metal doorway on your way out of the bigger one up front.Recommended Dishes
Original chicken, $8.66
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu